By using our website, you acknowledge that you have read the Terms and Conditions below and agree to them. If you are a minor (i.e. below 18 years old), please be sure to get your parents or guardian to review and discuss these Terms and Conditions with you, and get their permission, before using our websites.
Sun Life of Canada (Philippines), Inc. (Sun Life) reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions as it may deem appropriate. You are expected to review the Terms and Conditions regularly as they may change from time to time. Continued use of the website shall be considered as agreement to the Terms and Conditions as amended.
Sun Life may terminate your membership and access to the GoWell website for any breach of these Terms and Conditions. This will not prevent Sun Life from taking any action it may deem appropriate to remedy the breach and/or any damage arising from it.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer or device. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you are using this website on behalf of a member, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. Unauthorized use of this website is a criminal offense under Philippine laws.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
This website is primarily for members of GoWell, Sun Life’s Health and Wellness Community. Members of GoWell shall use the website for the following Permitted Purposes, as applicable:
- Linking member’s social media accounts, such as Facebook and Google
- Viewing, commenting on, and sharing website content, such as articles, videos, infographics, images, etc.
- Viewing details of and registering for GoWell events and activities;
- Accomplishing surveys and quizzes;
- Joining groups, programs, or challenges;
- Collecting points for completing specific tasks; and
- Redeeming discounts and perks from partner merchants.
Members are required to comply at all times with these terms and conditions and the applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to any privacy protection legislation and/or requirements.
USE AND MEMBERSHIP
The website can only be used for the Permitted Purposes and the member should not allow any unauthorized person to use, download, and tamper with the website or any of its contents. The types of and criteria for membership in GoWell shall be solely within our discretion and may be changed without prior notice. Membership is non-transferable.
Gold membership activation for qualified minors will be processed after he/she reaches the age of majority. Request for such activation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to upgrade or downgrade a member’s privileges at any time, depending on the members’ continuing ability to meet the listed criteria for each type of membership as well as monitor, change, suspend, remove, or disable access to the website for breach of terms and conditions set by Sun Life.
CONTENT, ACTIVITIES, EVENTS AND PERKS
Our website contains content from credible sources representing different points of view. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information presented in the website. All information posted on the website may be changed at any time without prior notice. The content available in the website are not prepared by licensed physicians and do not constitute medical advice. Consult your doctor before engaging in any exercise or participating in the programs or challenges in the website and for advice about a specific medical condition.
The activities, events and perks (i.e. discounts) available via the website are conducted under the exclusive direction of the pertinent studios, fitness clubs and/or merchants. Sun Life’s participation is limited to arranging the classes, events and partnership with merchants. Thus, Sun Life shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may result from these activities, events and/or availing of perks. First aid or other necessary emergency medical treatment may be administered to you for any injury or illness that may arise during your participation in activities and/or events made available through this website.
All content posted on this site is the responsibility of the party posting such content. We do not endorse, control, or assume any responsibility, or liability for any posted or shared on or through our websites.
We retain the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content and materials posted on our websites. We may, at our sole discretion, remove any content at any time without notice. Participation on this site by a party does not imply endorsement of any other party’s content, products, or services.
If you believe that any materials or content on our websites violates or infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please contact us by clicking here.
By participating and interacting with our website, posting a message, idea, photo or likeness, or sending us your thoughts, you are telling us that we can use or publish your screen name or repeat and use your message, idea, photo or likeness. We can use such information in any way we want, anywhere, even in an advertisement.
The contents of our website may only be used for personal and non-commercial use. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, post, upload, transmit, adapt, modify or create derivative works of or from, publicly display or perform, or in any way exploit any content, without prior written permission from Sun Life or the owner of the material or intellectual property.
You may not use the name “GoWell”, “Sun Life”, “Sun Fit and Well”, “Live Life Brighter,” “Healthy Life. Brighter Life” or any mark, logo, or trade name for whatever purpose, without prior written permission from us. We retain all right, title, and interest in our websites and any content, features, products, or services offered on them, including any and all intellectual property rights. We reserve all rights not expressly granted. To request additional rights to content on our websites, please contact us by clicking here.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Our websites may contain:
- references to names, marks, data, content, products, or services of third parties;
- links to third-party websites; and
- description of services and products provided by third parties.
You may not reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile, derive code or materials from, or capture any source, scripts, layouts, design, metadata, or other information accessible through our websites (including, without limitation, data packets transmitted to and from our websites), or analyze, decipher, “sniff”, derive code or materials from any packet stream to our from our websites, or attempt any of the foregoing. You expressly waive any legal rights you may have to do any of the foregoing.
Further, in using our websites, you may not:
- conduct or solicit illegal or other activity that in any way harms us or any of our affiliates and business partners;
- post, email, message, or otherwise make available through the website, any content that
– incites, advocates, or expresses pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, or gratuitous violence,
– is intended to threaten, stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, victimize, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals for any reason,
– is illegal or violates any laws, including laws related to adult activities and content, child pornography, criminal activities, gambling, and drugs, or
– promote an illegal or unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work or links to such materials;
- engage in commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or the buying or selling of “virtual” items, without our prior written permission;
- disguise the origin of any message, communication, or transmittal you send to us;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated or manual means to access our websites, or copy any content or information on our websites;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of our websites or any related networks or systems by hacking, password “mining”, or any other illegitimate means;
- probe, scan, test the vulnerability of or breach the authentication measures of, our websites or any related networks or systems;
- modify or reroute or attempt to reroute our websites;
- link to our websites from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages (“spam”);
- utilize framing, squeeze back, overlay or other techniques to enclose or display our websites or any content on our websites, with any other software or content of a third party; or
- take any action that places a disproportionately large load on our websites or any related networks or systems.
From time to time, GoWell may offer you the chance to win prizes on the website, or may automatically enter you in such promotions or contests as a benefit of GoWell membership. Promotions or contests shall be subject to GoWell mechanics or guidelines.
Electronic Notices and Communications
Using and/or communicating with our website, sending email, or otherwise communicating with us via applications and/or devices constitute electronic communication. By doing so, you agree that:
- We may communicate with you electronically by posting general notices on our websites;
- All notices, disclosures, and other communications that we send you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing; and
- Any notices are deemed to be given and received on the date we transmit any electronic communication as described above
Unsolicited Ideas and Feedback
We do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including those for new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, marketing plans, or product names. The purpose of this policy is to avoid any potential misunderstandings or disputes if our offerings or strategies seem similar to ideas that you submitted to us.
If you choose to send us your ideas anyway, you agree that:
- your ideas automatically become our property, without any compensation to you;
- we can commercialize these ideas and use them for any purpose; and
- we can give and transfer these ideas to others.
PRIVACY AND INFORMATION SECURITY
In posting to or commenting on posts on the website, your name and/or your social media account user name may be available to other Users of the website.
Always keep your membership and social media account details, such as username and password, confidential. Sun Life is unable, and is under no obligation, to confirm the identity or authority of any user submitting your social media account or membership credentials to access the website. You must immediately notify the Company and change your social media account or membership credentials:
- In case of unauthorized access to your website account; or
- If you become concerned that the confidentiality of your membership details has been compromised.
You allow Sun Life to disclose and publish your name, photo, and other particulars as may be appropriate to the public in connection to any promo, activity, or event such as press release and advertorials.
As a registered member, you will receive GoWell’s newsletter via email and receive SMS notifications of GoWell promos and events. You may opt out of the service at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button on the email or by replying STOP to the SMS.
You shall not copy, retain, transfer, distribute, or disclose to any third party for any purpose whatsoever any personal data of other members found in the website.
- the purposes for collecting and processing Personal Data;
- the parties with whom Sun Life may disclose and share your Personal Data;
- the risks of processing and data security measures in place to protect you against these risks;
- your rights as data subjects, i.e., your right to be informed, to object, access, correct or block your Personal Data, right to data portability, right to file a complaint and right to damages; and,
- how long your information will be processed and retained.
You acknowledge and agree that by using this website, you authorize Sun Life, its employees, duly authorized representatives, related companies, third party service providers, and vendors, to use, process and share your information, including Personal Data, with any person or organization to administer the site and provide you with health and wellness tips and activities suited to your lifestyle and needs.
We may further use your Personal Data for reasonable purposes which are related to the administration and maintenance of the site, including improvement/upgrade in the systems and business processes (including but not limited to data analytics).
We may also use your contact details, demographic information and policy details to contact you with marketing or promotional information regarding financial, insurance products and studies/surveys through phone calls, mail, email, SMS or any type of electronic message and to comply with Know Your Client (KYC) procedures, to be conducted by Sun Life, Sun Life Asset Management Company, Inc., Sun Life Grepa Financial Inc. and Sun Life Financial Plans, Inc.
This authorization and consent are as valid as a signed document and shall continue to have effect throughout the duration of your coverage under your social media account, and/or until expiration of the retention limit set by laws and regulations from account closure and the period set until destruction or disposal of records, unless withdrawn in writing.
Sun Life accepts no liability and may not be held liable for any loss or damage to your property or your person, arising directly or indirectly, from your use of this website or participation in the activities, challenges, or events offered through this website.
We will not be deemed to be in breach of the terms and conditions due to any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, war, invasion, failures of any public networks, electrical shortages, terrorist attacks, and earthquakes and other acts of God. We are not responsible for any loss, delay, or damage due to such events or circumstances.
You hereby agree to fully indemnify and hold Sun Life and its affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as its directors, officers, employees, or advisors, free and harmless from all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, judgments, expenses, and costs from your breach or failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All content available on the website, including but not limited to the text and graphics, are protected by copyright and are owned by Sun Life. All marks and logos used on the website are registered trademarks. All copyrighted material and trademarks may not be used without the prior written consent of Sun Life.
You agree that all matters relating to your access to or use of our websites, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of the Republic of the Philippines.