This is a great way to eat vegetables without really eating vegetables. The popsicles don’t taste like vegetables at all. Plus, it’s very kid-friendly! Feel free to play with the ratio of greens and fruit. Make it sweeter by adding more fruit or less greens. For a less sweet popsicle, use more greens or less fruit.
Makes 1 1/2 cups or 4 to 5 popsicles (depending on the size of the popsicle mold)
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh leafy greens, such as: kale, pechay, spinach, kamote tops, lettuce
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen fruit, such as: banana, pineapple, papaya, peach, strawberries
1/2 cup water
Optional sweetener such as coconut sugar or stevia
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth. If your fruit isn’t sweet, you may have to add optional sweetener to taste.
- Pour the green smoothie into popsicle molds, leaving 1/4-inch of space at the top. Place the popsicle sticks / handles in and freeze until hard.
- To unmold, bring the popsicle molds out at room temperature for 5 minutes. Gently unmold the popsicles and enjoy.
- If you’re not used to green smoothies, try a milder leafy green like lettuce first.
- It’s best to use a sweet fruit like banana or pineapple so the popsicles don’t require added sugar. Feel free to use 1-3 types of fruit in the mix.