This is a super quick and easy way to make a healthy breakfast in advance. You can store it in the fridge overnight and rush out the door with instant breakfast! Also, oats are high in fiber and keep us fuller longer. They can help alleviate hypertension and reverse heart disease.
Makes 1 serving
1/2 cup dry rolled oats
1 tbsp chia seeds, optional
2 tbsp dry fruit such as raisins, cranberries, dates, apricots, or prunes (slice if needed)
3/4 cup soy milk or almond milk
Optional alternative sweetener to taste (coconut sugar, muscovado, agave nectar, coconectar, stevia)
- Mix everything in a 500-ml jar or tupperware container.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Stir well before eating.
- Chunky monkey – substitute the dry fruit with half a sliced banana. Stir in 2 tbsp peanut butter in step 1.
- Apple pie – substitute the dry fruit with half a diced apple. Stir in 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 2 tbsp toasted walnuts in step 1.
- Tropical island – substitute the dry fruit with 1/4 cup diced mango and 1/4 cup diced pineapple. Substitute the soy milk with 1/3 cup coconut milk + 1/3 cup water.