1 cup green beans, sliced diagonally into 1 inch lengths
1 cup winged beans (sigarillas), sliced diagonally into 1 inch lengths
3 tbsp refined coconut oil, divided
1 block firm tofu, sliced into cubes
¼ cup onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
2 tsp garlic, chopped
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup coconut cream
1 tbsp canned tausi, rinsed and pounded into a paste
3 pcs finger chili, seeds removed and sliced diagonally in half
2 tsp Carp vegan patis (optional, available in Uni-Mart)
1-2 pcs bird’s eye chili, seeds removed and chopped (optional)
- In a saucepan, boil the green beans and winged beans in water until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Pan-fry the tofu cubes until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining oil. Saute the onion, ginger and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut cream and tausi paste. Stir for 1 minute until well combined.
- Add the green beans, sigarillas, finger chilies and vegan patis. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Garnish with bird’s eye chilies.