Most of us are busy running to meetings, chasing after the kids, or rushing off to work. Despite the rush of daily life, we can still maintain a healthy diet by preparing healthy snacks to stave off hunger even while we’re constantly on the go. Here are 5 healthy snack recommendations:
- Sliced fruit such as apples, oranges, or banana. Pack some peanut or almond butter for some extra protein.
- A cup of popcorn with a pinch of sea salt can make for a light and portable snack.
- Carrot slices and hummus dip. You can search the net for easy hummus recipes or buy them bottled at Healthy Options and other specialty groceries.
- Fruit smoothies. Prepare your favorite smoothie before you leave home and drink it on the way to your meeting.
- Dried fruit and nuts. A handful of nuts can keep you feeling full for hours.