It may be surprising to know that a healthy lifestyle and a sweet tooth can actually go together. Not too many people know that you can still satisfy your sweet cravings with fresh and wholesome alternatives. Here are 7 great alternatives:
- Yogurt parfait. Mix your favorite fruits plus a sprinkle of honey with a cup of plain yogurt.
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries. Melt your favorite chocolate and dip half of a strawberry in it.
- Low fat chocolate milk. It’s quick and easy, plus it’s a great recovery drink for athletes too.
- Frozen watermelon. You can eat the frozen watermelon or drop it in a blender and drink like a shake.
- Dark chocolate popcorn. Make homemade popcorn and drizzle with melted dark chocolate chips to satisfy your sweet cravings.
- Trail mix with dark chocolate. Trail mix are easy to find in health stores or selected supermarkets. If you’re craving for chocolates, look for a mix that includes dark chocolates with your favorite nuts and seeds.
- Carrot sticks with almond butter. Keep sliced carrots in your fridge as an emergency snack you can grab instead of junk. The natural sweetness of carrots plus almond butter will surely satisfy you.